jueves, 26 de julio de 2012

THE TENSES VERBS

This table can help you to find differences between the most common tenses in the English speaking.


Name of Tense
Example
Meaning
Form
Key Time Expressions
Simple Present
I like to walk
I listen music
Routines, Habits, Facts
Is a personal information
Subject + Infinitive verb + Object
Now, Always, often, usually, seldom, never, sometimes, every day,every year
Present Continuous
or Progressive
I am working
She is eating
you're jumping
I'm going to class
An unfinished action


Present of future plan
Subject + To be + verb + < ing form >
 - At the moment
-  Right Now
- Tomorrow
-  Next
Present Perfect
I have lived in 4 Countries
I have had three cars
An action that occurred in the past at an unspecific moment
Subject + Have/Has + Past Participle
All my life, Before, Since, Yet, for , already,never, ever, so far, up to now, just, recently
Present Perfect Continuous
or Progressive
I have been working for four years
An unfinished action that began in the past and is still occurring
Have+ Been+ verb < ing  form>
For, Every day, Long time,The Whole day, since,
Simple Past
I was at home
I listened music
I worked Yesterday
A finished action in the past
Subject + verb in past + object
Yesterday, Last week. Last year , two month ago
Past Continuous
or Progressive
I was sleeping when the earth tremor happened
I was working in San Francisco in 2004
An unfinished action in the past
Subject + (was/were) + verb + < ing form >
When, while, 
Past Perfect
I hadn't seen my friend a years, until we met at the beach one afternoon,
By the time I was at home, they had already left.
Past of the past
Subject + Had + Past participle
Until                       
Before             Then 
Already
Past Perfect Continuous
or progressive
Before I come to class I had been smoking
I had been studying
A continuous action that took place before another past event.
Had + Been ( PP ) + Verb + < ing form >
Before, Until, By the time, Already
Simple Future
I will run in the morning
Future Intention
Subject + Will + Verb in present
Tomorrow , soon, next
Future Continuous
or progressive
What will you be doing at this time tomorrow?
I'm going to be studying  at this time tomorrow
He'll be sleeping when we get there!
Action in progress in the future
Will + to be + verb +       < ing form >
Tomorrow, Soon, Next. This time, When, While
Future Perfect
I will have done my homework by Wednesday
I will have finished my homework by the time you get home!
Finished action in the future before another event.
Will + have + Past Participle.
By the time, By
Future Perfect Continuous
or progressive
How long will she have been working by the time get there?
By the time we get to the airport, she will have already been traveling for 8 hours.
An action that will be taking place in the future, before another action in the future
Will + Have + Been + Verb + < ing form >
Already, By the time, By

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario