jueves, 28 de julio de 2011

Let's practice talking about the business grammar in past


Exercise on Simple Past

Complete the sentences in Simple Past.
  1. Our company (start)  business in 1995.
  2. We (order)  the goods two months ago.
  3. (send)  you the letter last week.
  4. We (receive)  your order yesterday.
  5. The postman (come)  in, (give)  me the documents and (leave) .
  6. When I (arrive) , Anne was talking on the phone.
  7. (get / not)  your letter yesterday.
  8. Mister O'Brian (be / not)  in the office last week.
  9. (Sarah / go)  to the trade fair on Thursday?
  10. (you / ring)  me ten minutes ago?

Complaint Letters
The words and tone you choose to use in a letter complaining to a business may be the deciding factor on whether your complaint is satisfied. Be direct but tactful and always use a professional tone if you want the company to listen to you.

To the manager of Taco Tacontento:

I am writing to bring to your attention a serious issue I had in your establishment last week. I ordered a vegetarian bean burrito, and halfway through my meal, I bit into what turned out to be a chicken bone. I am a vegetarian, and the presence of bone in my burrito was jarring. I showed the bone to the staff, who offered to make me a new burrito with the same beans the bone presumably came from. I did not want to risk eating any meat or finding another bone, so I asked for a taco salad instead.
I am a regular customer at your restaurant, and I have never had any problems with your food in the past. While I am relatively certain this was a fluke, I am still concerned about how the bone got into the beans. I would like to know how this might have happened.
I am also concerned with the lack of understanding I received from the staff member who helped me. I don't know if she was working alone or merely misunderstood my request, but she refused to let me speak to her supervisor while I was in the restaurant. I felt she acted very unprofessionally.
I hope to hear back from you about this incident. I can be reached by phone at (315) 426-2288 at any time or by email at odairalbertoserrano@gmail.com or get to zoom meeting with the following link:

Odair Alberto le está invitando a una reunión de Zoom programada.

Tema: Complaint  about lunch time at the restaurant
Hora: 28 mar 2020 02:30 PM Bogotá

Unirse a la reunión Zoom
https://us04web.zoom.us/j/701395656


ID de reunión: 701 395 656


Sincerely,

Odair Serrano

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario